Every four years, all councils in NSW are required to produce a series of strategic reports and plans to demonstrate how they are serving their communities and best utilising Government funding. Blue Mountains City Council chose Hollywood Black to design their 2013 suite of strategic and planning documents in order to communicate clearly and openly with the community, and to cogently represent the Council’s future vision and goals.
The documents were required to:
- Comply with Government recommendations regarding content and structure
- Accurately convey Blue Mountains City Council’s need for further and ongoing State Government support in a positive and proactive way
- Appeal to the local community, such that they would be read, referenced and duly considered (including feedback) by the community
- Project a clean, corporate design, while also being easy to read and use by Council staff, external Government agencies and the wider community
What We Delivered
This project involved numerous consultations with the Council over a four month period of development and design.
The project included:
- Preparing conceptual designs
- Reviewing content, layout, colour palettes and images
- Designing and developing the entire suite of documents
- Developing design standards for integrated planning and finance document covers, graphs, charts and tables, and complex strategic concepts
Hollywood Black dedicated significant time to researching and understanding the Council’s key objectives and strategies – both for the development of these plans and strategies, and for the delivery of key services to the Blue Mountains City and community.
Consequently, the final documents have generated very positive responses and readership from within the Council (encompassing senior to junior staff), as well as the broader community. The project was a successful collaboration of many people to achieve the common goal of better communicating with and serving the Blue Mountains community.
The suite of documents and range of services delivered by Hollywood Black, included:
- Our City, Our Future – Sustainable Blue Mountains: design of overall positioning theme
- Special Rates Variation 4pp brochure: design, layout and graphics
- Delivery Program document (incorporating the Council’s Annual Operational Plan), 140pp document: design, layout and graphics
- Resource Strategy document (including the Council’s Long-Term Financial Plan, Workforce Management Strategy and Asset Management Strategy and Policy), 180pp document: design, layout and graphics
- Sustainable Blue Mountains 2025 – the Council’s Community Strategic Plan, 108pp document: design, layout and graphics
- Our City, Our Future – Sustainable Blue Mountains: 4pp brochure design
- Our City, Our Future – Sustainable Blue Mountains: A3 Poster Design
- Design consulting
- Professional photography (events, portraits, lifestyle)
- Project and print management
- Design training and support